Evolving Actor: Quarantine Strategy Sessions
I hope you got a lot of value out of our recent strategy call. You all inspired me with your commitment to your dreams, in spite of challenging times. Also, many of you paid it forward to the charity I mentioned, and I thank you for that!
In order to continue to support actors through all this, I am offering some heavily discounted coaching packages. If we meet every week or so, these should get you through the lock-down period. For a little extra structure and support over the next 6 weeks, just click the appropriate link below.
Here are some common goals I've help actors with...
- Book and Shoot Leads in Feature Films
- Get Accepted to Top BFA and MFA Programs
- Move from a Minor Market to a Major Market Like LA or NYC
- Prep Auditions for Theatre, Film, and Television
- Book, Prep, and Perform Lead Roles in Equity Theatre
- Find New Representation in Major and Minor Markets
- Create and Produce One Person Shows
- Create and Produce Original Reel Content
- Refine Branding and Marketing Materials (including Headshots, Resumes, Reels, and Websites)
- Develop and Implement Actor Home Workout Routines to Deep their Mastery of Craft
- Implement New Marketing Strategies: Email, Postcards, Social Media, and More
James has been and incredible mentor and resource for me as I start my career. Whether it be monologue prep or life and career strategy, he helps you set clear, attainable goals in order to best set you up for success. His combination of artistic and practical knowledge makes him unique. Would highly recommend for any actor looking to book work and build a career as an artist and working actor!
Ido Gal, NYC Actor
James' coaching has played a pivotal role in changing my life these last few years. After nearly 6 years of taking classes, I still felt unsure of what place theater was going to have in my life, but his coaching propelled me into pursuing professional theater work more intentionally. Since then, a number of exciting things have happened: too many to list. It feels amazing and exciting to know that I am exactly where I need to be, and to see the unknown as magical. I am grateful for his having played an important role in my journey as a theater artist. Joyce Huh
James has all the qualities a training actor should look for in a coach: total professionalism. exquisite standards, loving discipline, and vast knowledge. He will challenge you in a constructive way. He is devoted to your growth: guiding you through your own artistic discovery in a profound way. He genuinely cares about your progress. Your goals are his goals; he stays by your side, encouraging you, and watching proudly as you achieve your dreams. - Deborah Cortez
I taught at UC Berkeley for 25 years, and James is one of the most gifted teachers I have ever encountered: perceptive, kind, challenging, knowledgeable, patient, and no-nonsense all at the same time. He has the unusual ability to see the artist as a whole creative being and guide accordingly. - Marika Kuzma